Editor-in-Chief: Dr. Rubí Ugofsky-Méndez
Primeros escrutinios culturales y literarios is an undergraduate research journal affiliated with and based within the Department of Foreign Languages at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor. Our mission is to continue the spread of Hispanic culture and literary topics through the diffusion of quality, undergraduate research projects in Spanish into the regional, national and international arena through an online medium.
Download Our Most Recent Issues:
|Special Edition - Summer Seminar|
|Volume III - Issue 1|
|Volume II - Issue 1|
|Volume I - Issue 1|
- Be submitted on or before June 15 in order that it may be published in July. Simultaneous submissions will not be permitted.
- Be written in Spanish or English in any standardized dialect.
- Be submitted in Microsoft Word format. Please ensure all accents, tildes, etc... are properly placed.
- Be accompanied by an abstract of no more than 250 words, written in English, summarizing the topic of the submission.
- Be no more than 3,500 words in length, excluding the abstract, utilizing the proper MLA format citations.
- Be submitted as an e-mail attachment to email@example.com. Please ensure the subject of your email reads: "Submission to Primeros escrutinios."
Any undergraduate university student who has taken at least one senior-level course in Spanish may submit his/her work to Primeros escrutinios culturales y literarios. If you have already graduated, you may submit up to one academic semester (not including summer) after completing your undergraduate degree.
Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of readers and be classified into the following categories:
- Accepted: No further action is needed by the author.
- Accepted with Revisions: Author will have 30 days to make necessary revisions and re-submit.
- Not Accepted: Submission and corresponding comments will be returned to author.
Please note that many submitted manuscripts require revisions, so if you are not willing to engage in this process, please do not submit your work.
If you do not receive word concerning your submission by July 1st, please email our Editor-in-Chief. Please make sure the subject of your email(s) reads: "Submissions Inquiry."