"Serving through Science"
The Department of Chemistry, Environmental Science & Geology strives to equip all their students taking these sciences with an awareness of the impact of modern technology on our society as well as to introduce them to the essentials of these disciplines.
Persons majoring in Chemistry are given the foundation necessary for graduate study and/or for employment in the chemical industry. Likewise, fundamental training is provided for those planning to enter science education or any of the pre-professional fields.
- Meetings of Sigma Pi, the official Chemistry Club
- Speakers from Health Professions Schools
- Chemistry Demonstrations in Public Schools
- Trips to National Scientific Meetings
- Community Service Projects
- Undergraduate Research